Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Barbie Cake


I've been wanting to make a Barbie cake. I think it is challenging in terms of decorating techniques. I always imagine Barbie wearing the royal princess kind of gown, full of ruffles and flowers all over. Making Barbie cake indeed is an opportunity to practice my ruffles:)).

The base cake is Lapis Surabaya, 10 egg yolks for every layer. Only that I used bigger pan so the cake is thinner. For the Barbie gown is strawberry sponge cake. I made one batch of sponge cake recipe, but it turned out that the batter didn't enough to cover the pan, so I made another half of it. As the gown was quite heavy, about 2 kg,I was worried that the base cake couldn't hold the gown and sink. Luckily, it was allright.

For the butter cream, I used Wilton's recipe. I am not a big fan of butter cream actually, probably because of the taste of the shortening. Wilton's butter cream was OK, the taste of the shortening was a bit covered by a big amount of confectioner's sugar. And what I really like about Wilton's butter cream is that the cream was stiff and it is not oily.

The birhday girl, Natasha, loves pink so pink is the main color. For the gown, I used tip no 104, for the ruffles and the plain garlands. There's one type of garland using tip no 16, the rest is open star, still using tip no 16

What, you're not expecting a recipe, are you ? :))


1 Comments:

Blogger sikea said...

wow....beautiful!!! i wish i could make one for my daughter ;)

April 30, 2007 at 9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home