Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Cake Decorating

I've been wanting to take cake decorating class. Looked over everywhere in Singapore if there's a class available but I couldn't find any.

Sooo...when I got a chance to go to Jakarta last December, I took cake decorating class in
NCC.
I really enjoyed the class, not that I could get away from those little hands and feet for a while :)), but you know...it's something new, and surprisingly I'm not bad at it either.

This is the first one. Roses everywhere. It should have been a basket full of colorful flowers. But I was not in the mood of having so many colors, so I just picked yellow and white. The roses, well they're not even close to the famous Wilton roses. But hey, I tried :D



2007_01170089


Still yellow and white and done in a dummy cake with plain butter cream.
Learned to make garlands with small plain tip, pillars, cornelli lace, and another roses of course
.

The cake below is full of decorating techniques. I just love the e-motion (shell) border, they give wonderful effect to the cake.


This is another basket of flower. The basket done in the same way like the previous one only the vertical weave is using plain tip.




After three days in a row learning basic techniques, at the last day everyone could decorate any way they want using real cake. This is what I was came up with.
Again, roses and rose buds arranged in such a way filling half the surface. I used shell as borders. I think they' re simple yet elegant.
For the garlands, first I used tip 48, after that tip 104. Almost forgot! I put cornelli lace on the space below the garland before putting the roses.
Hardly could see it but without the lace the cake will look 'empty'
.

I am not fully satisfied with the decorating, still need more and more practice to make the decorating smoother. But generally, it is not bad either isn't it ? :))







Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home